PRIMARY AIMS OF TRINITY HOPE CENTRE
For many families, the underlying factor is the challenge of being caught in a harsh cycle of poverty that forces them to give up their children. Sadly, these abandoned children spend the crucial formative years of their lives in unstable environments such as urban dwellings, market centres and along the beach, never knowing what a real home feels like.
We aim to provide:
• A secure family environment for these children, where every 5 children are assigned a mother and father, so they grow with family values
• Nursery and Primary schools, open to the community
• A programme to encourage responsible families to foster children, with assigned social workers to monitor the progress of each child
• A Clinic, which will also serve the community (this is yet to begin)
We aim also to partner with the community in a number of projects, i.e:
• A child sponsorship programme, in partnership with Compassion International, for the less privileged in the Ayensudu/Elmina/Cape Coast community
• Support services – including assisting teenage parents to further their education; widows are supported to acquire skills – some are given financial support to start a trade Yearly mission to surrounding villages – comprising the distribution of food items and used clothes to the surrounding villages. Collection of donated items are co-ordinated by the Hope Centre Team. Items include clothing, shoes, toys, books, school equipment, etc. shipped from the UK.